AISSAC 2023 E-Counselling begins on March 6, 2023, bringing with it an eruption of questions, doubts, and confusions. This blog has been specially curated with almost all frequently asked questions (FAQs).
- I qualified for the AISSEE 2023 and am interested in attending one of the Sainik Schools. Is it necessary for me to register on the AISSAC/e-counselling portal?
Answer: To be able to obtain seats to be allocated through AISSAC 2023 in any of the existing or new Sainik Schools, candidates must register through the official AISSAC 2023 online portal.
- How do you register on the AISSAC website/Portal and complete the Choices?
Answer: To register and fill out choices, candidates must go to the AISSAC website (https://mes.ncoq.gov.in/sainikschoolecounselling).
Furthermore, candidates are advised to make a preliminary list of schools based on their preferences after reviewing the seat matrix posted on the website prior to choice filling/locking.
- Do I have to pay anything to participate in AISSAC 2023?
Answer: No, there are no fees for using the AISSAC portal for e-counselling. Registration and selection on the online AISSAC portal are free of charge.
- Do I need to go to a counselling centre to register or make a selection?
Answer: No, online registration and choice filling can be done from any location (including home) using a laptop/computer with an uninterrupted internet connection.
|AISSAC E-Counselling Round 1 Dates|
|Registration & Choice Filling
|6th March 2023 (4:00 PM)|
|Registration & Choice Filling
|13th March 2023 (11:55 PM)|
|Seat Allocation Result||17th March 2023 (10:00 PM)|
|Last Date to Accept Allotted School||21st March 2023 (12:00 AM)|
|Verification(Physical cum Medical)
|20th March 2023 (8:00 AM)|
|Verification(Physical cum Medical)
|04th April 2023 (05:00 PM)|
5. Do I need any documents to register online?
Answer: No documents are required during registration because it is an online allotment (Counselling) process.
However, you must produce documents at the time of Physical Verification at the admitted school that correspond to the information you filled out/verified during AISSEE/AISSAC 2023 registration.
- I entered an incorrect domicile during AISSEE 2023 registration on the NTA portal by mistake. When I look at the result in that report card, it shows another domicile. What can I do about it?
Answer: During AISSAC 2023 registration, you will be given the option to verify the Gender and Domicile details that you previously filled in. You can update and confirm both Gender and Domicile details if there are any discrepancies.
- I registered for AISSEE 2023 using the incorrect category on the NTA portal. Can I make a change?
Answer: No, changing categories is not permitted during the AISSAC 2023 registration stage.
- I locked my options, but now I want to make more changes to my options list. Is that allowed? If so, how do I exercise my option?
Answer: You can easily edit your choices after locking but before the choice-filling deadline by clicking on the EDIT CHOICES button on the portal and entering your login password.
- The deadline for filling out the choices has already passed. Is it okay for me to change my options at this point?
Answer: No, it does not. After the deadline for choice filling, you will not be able to edit your choice list, which means you will not be able to change the order of your choices, add any more schools, or delete any school from the choice list.
- I made a school choice list but forgot to lock it. Now that the deadline for filling out the choices has passed, I am unable to make any further changes. Will this have an impact on the list of options considered for allocating a seat to me during the AISSAC 2023?
Answer: If you do not lock your choices, the candidates’ most recently filled choices will be locked automatically when the deadline for choice filling passes. During AISSAC 2023, the automatically locked choice list will be considered for seat allocation.
- When will the AISSAC online seat allocation process for the current academic year begin?
Answer: The online seat allocation process will begin in accordance with the AISSAC 2023 schedule. Please check the AISSAC portal for updates on the schedule and notices.
- I was assigned a seat in a specific round of AISSAC 2023. I’d like to attend the assigned school. What steps should I take?
Answer: If you want to attend a specific school, you must first click the ACCEPT button. After accepting the school, you must complete the admissions process within the time frame specified by the school by reporting physically as directed.
- For the first time, I was assigned a seat in a specific round of AISSAC 2023, but I am not interested in this seat. I’d like to wait for the next round of AISSAC 2023 to see if I can get into another school. Is there anything I need to do in this round?
Answer: If you are assigned a seat in a specific round of AISSAC, you must follow the steps outlined below:
- In the seat allocation section, select RECONSIDER.
- You can now take part in the next round of counselling for the remaining available seats. As a result, the assigned seat will be automatically cancelled, and no further claims for previously assigned schools will be accepted.
- Choices can be changed during the next round of selection. If you do not change your choices, the previous Round’s choices will be considered for school allotment.
- I was assigned a seat in one of the previous rounds, and after opting for reconsideration, I was assigned another school based on my preference in my choice list for this Round. Can I return to the seat that was assigned to me in the previous round?
Answer: No, it does not. If you are assigned a seat and choose reconsideration, your accepted seat from the previous round will be automatically cancelled, and you will not be able to take the previously assigned seat.
- I was assigned and accepted a seat in a specific round. I’d like to wait for additional rounds of AISSAC to see if I can get a better seat in my preferred order at any school. What option must I select in order to be considered for future rounds of AISSAC?
Answer: There is NO such option available to candidates once they have accepted the seat.
If a candidate is dissatisfied with the seat allocation, he or she can request reconsideration by clicking on the ‘RECONSIDER’ button. You will be considered for the next round of counselling for the remaining available seats in this case.
- In one of the previous rounds, I was assigned a seat and chose the ACCEPT option. Can I change my acceptance option to RECONSIDER?
Answer: There is no such option available to candidates once they have accepted the seat.
- I registered for the first round; should I re-register for the second round/subsequent rounds?
Answer: No, only candidates who did not register in the first round must re-register for the second/subsequent rounds.
- For the first time, I have been assigned a seat in AISSAC. I’ve accepted the seat, and I’d like to do document verification and pay the fee first in order to confirm the seat without Medicals. Will the reporting official/allotted school confine me to my assigned seat?
Answer: After accepting a seat in a designated school, you must complete all of the steps. You must complete your medical at the medical centre assigned to you within the time frame specified, and then report to school with a FIT medical report for further Physical Verification of documents and payment of fees.
If you do not complete all steps of the reporting process, including payment of the fee, within the specified time frame, your assigned seat will be cancelled.
- For the first time, I have been assigned a seat in AISSAC. I accepted the seat, but I have yet to pay my fees for an assigned seat. Will the reporting officials confirm the assigned seat for me?
Answer: Once you have been declared FIT by the medical authorities, you must physically report to the assigned school for document verification. Then you must pay the fees for confirming your seat at the designated school.
- What happens if I do not complete all of the reporting steps during a specific round of AISSAC in which I am assigned a seat for the first time?
Answer: Your assigned seat will be cancelled, and you will be unable to participate in any subsequent rounds of the seat allocation process (any) if you do not complete all steps of the Medical/Physical Verification process, including payment of the fee, within the specified timeline.
- I was assigned and confirmed a seat in a particular round. I’m not interested in attending the designated school. How should I proceed?
Answer: If you were assigned and confirmed a seat in a particular round but are no longer interested in attending the assigned school, you must notify the school in writing.
Furthermore, if you do not report to the assigned school by the deadline, it will be assumed that you are not interested in attending the school, and your allotted seat will be cancelled.
- Is it necessary to change the candidate’s category (OBC-NCL/SC/ST) to UR(UnReserved) during admission if the candidate is assigned a UR seat?
Answer: No, there is no need to change the candidate’s category (OBC-NCL/SC/ST) to UR during admission if the candidate is assigned a UR seat.
- What should I do if the spelling of the documents and the application form differs during Physical Documents verification?
Answer: If there is a spelling discrepancy in documents, the candidate must carry an Affidavit/Undertaking to prove that the documents belong to the same person.
- What is the Round 2 procedure?
Answer: Candidates who did not register in the first round of counselling may register again in the second round. Candidates who have just registered must select options.
Candidates who chose reconsideration may change their Round 1 choices before the deadline. If you do not change your choices in Round 2, your earlier Round 1 choices will be considered for school allotment.
For AISSAC E-Counselling Official Notifications and Registration visit the official website.