Sainik School Kittur Admission 2023-24: For parents looking for the best education for their girl child, Sainik School Kittur is one of the top choices in India. Located in the city of Kittur in Karnataka, this prestigious institution is known for its high-quality education and rigorous training in the fields of academics, sports, and military sciences.
If you’re interested in enrolling your girl child in this school for the upcoming academic year, you’ll want to know about the admission process and other essential details.
In this blog post, we’ll provide you with a detailed overview of the Sainik School Kittur Admission 2023-24 process and help you understand everything you need to know before applying.
About Sainik School Kittur
Kittur Rani Channamma Residential Sainik School for Girls (KRCRSSG) was established in 1967 in honour of Kittur Rani Channamma. The school is named after Kittur Rani Channamma, a legendary warrior queen of Karnataka who fought against the British during the Indian Rebellion of 1857.
The school’s primary aim is to prepare young girls for a career in the armed forces, and it provides education from Class VI to Class XII. The school has a sprawling campus that includes modern classrooms, sports facilities, and residential quarters for students and staff.
The admission process for Sainik School Kittur is rigorous and competitive, and it consists of several stages. The first step is to fill out the application form, which is available online on the school’s official website.
The form must be filled out carefully and accurately, and all the necessary documents must be attached, including a birth certificate, category certificate (if applicable), and domicile certificate.
After the application deadline, the school will conduct an entrance exam, which will be based on the syllabus of the previous class. The exam will test the student’s knowledge of Mathematics, English, and General Knowledge.
Students who clear the entrance exam will be shortlisted for the next round, which is a medical test. The medical examination is conducted to ensure that the student is physically fit and meets the medical standards set by the school.
Finally, the shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview, which will test their communication skills, general awareness, and leadership qualities.
Eligibility Criteria Kittur Rani Channamma Sainik School Admission 2023
To be eligible for admission to Sainik School Kittur, the student must meet the following criteria:
- She must be a girl, and she should be a citizen of India.
- However, only the Government of Karnataka Merit Scholarship is available to Karnataka Native / Karnataka Domicile Girls with a Five Year or More Stay at the Time of Admission Application.
- A candidate will only be given one opportunity to take the entrance exam for admission to class VI.
- She must be between the ages of 10 and 12 years as of 01 June 2023.
- She must have passed Class V from a recognised school.
- She must be medically fit as per the school’s medical standards.
Age Limit Criteria with Physical Standards
- Candidates born between 01 June 2011 and 12 May 2013 and having passed 5th standard are eligible for admission.
|10 – 11 Years||128 cms||25 Kgs|
|11 – 12 Years||130 cms||28 Kgs|
The All India Sainik School Entrance Exam conducts all over India at the allotted exam centres. Admission in Sainik School Kittur, exam centres are Kittur, Vijayapur, Bengaluru, Kalaburgi.
Sainik School Kittur Admission Reservation
Reservations for different groups will be made in accordance with Karnataka government guidelines. The reservation categories of the total number of seats offered are as follows:
- 15% of the seats for SC candidates
- 3% of seats for ST candidates.
- If the required SC/ ST candidates are not available, candidates from the General Category will fill the positions.
- Moreover, 02 seats are set aside for ex-servicemen and children of defence personnel.
- There are two seats reserved for Kittur Hobli candidates.
Sainik School Kittur Scholarships
Cadets (Karnataka State Domicile) are only admitted via Standard VI State Government Scholarship Programs.
Currently, the institution offers 354 scholarships through the programme. Every year, only the scholarship seats left vacant by girls who leave the school after finishing Class XII or for any other reasonable cause are open for admission.
The amount of the applicable Scholarship will be deducted from the total fees at the time of admission for candidates who received Government of Karnataka Scholarships based on the order of merit in the entrance exam held for that purpose, and the parent will be responsible for paying the fees that were reduced by the Scholarship.
Suppose the parent of a student receiving a Government of Karnataka scholarship wishes to have their child withdraw from the school before finishing Class XII. In that case, the entire amount of the Scholarship received by the student during her time in the school must be refunded by the parent in one instalment in the form of a bank demand draft.
Full Fee Payment Scheme
If there are openings in class VI under the complete fee payment scheme, individuals who scored low on the merit list of applicants for admission to the school may be admitted.
With a limited number of seats available each year, the school administration reserves the right to enrol cadets to grades VI and XI (Science Stream) on a complete tuition payment plan.
Applications for admission to standard VI full-fee paying seats must be submitted in February or March of the academic year prior to the admission year being sought. In order to be admitted, a suitability exam will be administered at Kittur in April or May.
Admissions are determined by how well applicants performed in the suitability test and interview (viva voce). The applicant must complete both a medical examination and a physical fitness test. The English language proficiency test, maths, and mental ability test (IQ) would all be part of the suitability test.
Documents required for admission
At the time of admission, the girls’ parents or guardians must provide the following documentation:
- Proof of age: When appropriate for them, the parents may present one of the following documents as evidence of their child’s birth date.
- Transfer certificate: If a girl has previously attended a recognised school, a properly countersigned by the BEO or DDPI of the concerned Block or District is required.
- In the event of girls who have never before attended a recognised school, the Registrar of Births and Deaths will provide a certificate extracted from the Record of Births.
- Active-duty and retired military personnel must produce the relevant Part-II orders and certificates from the CO, record, and service headquarters. These documents must include the girls’ birthdate as it appears in the parents’ service records.
- In the case of retired service personnel, an attested copy of the discharge certificate.
- To be signed by the parents with the school and, if applicable, the state government.
- Affidavit and income certificate, as applicable.
- Certificate of Domicile and Affidavit from the Tahsildar.
- Medical Fitness Certificate.
- Caste certificate from the designated authority for SC/ST candidates.
The Father of the Daughter will sign all contracts and papers. Only if the Mother is the legal guardian may she sign the documents. Furthermore, if both Parents are deceased may, another guardian execute the documents; in this situation, the guardian must present documentary proof. The original Adoption Deed shall be produced in the case of adopted children for verification.
Sainik School Kittur Class 6 Admission 2023 Exam Pattern Details
- Exam Duration – 02 Hours Only.
- Exam Language – Kannada / English.
- Note: Students will have to pass the English Proficiency Test as part of the Language Ability Test compulsory being considered to be declared as a qualified candidate for the Sainik School Kittur entrance examination.
|Language Proficiency Test
||25 each (Total of 50)|
|IQ (Mental Ability Test)||75|
Important Dates of Admission at Sainik School Kittur Admission 2023 Class VI
|Events||Important Dates (Official)|
|Opening Date of submission of Application Form||03 November 2022
|Last Date to Submit application without Penalty
||26 December 2022
|Last Date to obtain the application form with the Penalty||27 December 2022 to 10 January 2023
|Closing Date to submit the application
||20 December 2022 Without Penalty
|Last Date to submit the Application with Penalty
||05 January 2023
|Admit Card Releasing Date||January 2023
|Final Result Date||3rd week of March 2023
|Date of Entrance Examination||22 January 2023|
|Declaration of Result||February 2023|
|Medical Fitness Test and Interview Dates||March 2023|
Sainik School Kittur Admission 2023 Class XI Science Stream
Kittur Rani Channamma Residential Sainik School for Girls, Kittur, is a prestigious Residential School exclusively for Girls Students affiliated with the CBSE Board. The main aim of the school is to offer excellent education coupled with Military based training to the Cadets on par with the Sainik Schools. The admissions will be open for Class XI CBSE Science Stream for the academic session 2023-24 in the month of May 2023
Girls Students with an excellent record of 85% marks or above in the 10th class (2022-23) in State Board / CBSE / ICSE are eligible to apply for Sainik School Kittur, Class 11 Admission 2023-24.
The prospectus and applications form will be available in the First week of May 2023* onwards by remitting the Demand Draft of INR 2000/- in Favour of “PRINCIPAL, KRCRSSG, KITTUR and drawn on Kittur Branches of Syndicate / Canara / SBI / KVS Banks. (Branch Code: SBI-041134, Syndicate-000514, Canara-004243, KVG-002105). Once the fee is paid can not be refunded in any circumstances.
Quick Links for Sainik School Kittur Admission 2023
Thanks for visiting sainikschoolguide.in For any query about admission at Kittur Rani Channamma Sainik School Admission 2023-2024, leave a comment below.